THE MODEL FARM
We are really proud of all that has been achieved on the farm and in such a short time. In less than 2 years we have a farm which is beginning to function as a working farm, with a farmhouse for the workers to live in. Our aim is that the farm will generate enough income to become self-sufficient and will develop as a centre for agricultural training. A simple irrigation system is currently being installed to allow crop growing during the dry seasons.
Ceremonial killing of a cockeral, before the roof goes on to protect the inhabitants.
The house with its roof on, but awaiting windows and doors
Completed house with our trusty farm truck
- A pig unit has been established with seven pigs, two of which have had piglets.
- We have just been awarded a boar by a government organisation promoting well managed developing farms .
- Goat pens are in place for 13 goats.
- We have one cow.
- A chicken house is being built to cater for both layers and broilers.
- In time we plan to buy, sheep, turkeys and guinea fowl, as well as increasing the numbers of other live-stock.
Fruits/Trees and Crops
- We have planted: maize, matuba trees for bark cloth, mangos, jack fruit trees and banana and coffee plants. Beans tomatoes and cabbages have also been planted.
- We still need to plant: cassava and a variety of fruits and vegetables, plus more fodder crops.